Saturday, June 03, 2006

We interrupt our scheduled programming to share with you the first poem ever that I wrote in English. I wrote it last night; it was inspired by our pet chinchilla's behavior during his playtime. I will be the first to admit there is some unintentional imitation in the poem, but hey, give me a break. It's not even my native language.

I thought that I would never see
Chinchilla cum, chinchilla pee.
O little chin, o fragile mind,
A woman you will never find.
And, in the darkness of your cage,
You grind your teeth in silent rage.
O furry animal in heat,
Your life is sad and incomplete.
O little human-humping beast,
Your life's unfair, to say the least.
But you'll get over it. And then,
Next spring, it all will start again.


I am so proud of myself, guys. Real poetry that, unlike the poems my kids write in school, actually rhymes.

And, another inspiration from our animals, a dialogue I had with ChinchillaBoy this morning:

I: Hey, what if my dog eats my Blackberry - would that excuse me from being on call?
CB: No, but you will have a ringing dog 24-7.

The Goldie has spoken at 9:06 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v