Wednesday, May 25, 2005

K9 Tells a Story of Spike, the Dog

Found it in my archives as promised. K9 made this story when he was either in kindergarten or first grade, can’t remember which. The story was a huge success in my office. One of the coworkers (a very nice guy who was inexplicably fired later) printed it out and kept it posted over his desk at all times.

Back then, it was hard for K9 to write, so he told the story to me and I wrote it down for him, this explains the fact that there are no syntax errors in this one.


Once upon a time there was a boy named Jake. One day Jake went out for a walk with his dog and met his friend Nick. Nick said, “Hi Jake, that’s a cool new dog you have! What is his name?” and Jake said, “His name is Spike, and it will go through your head if you don’t shut up!”

Then Jake went on and met his friend Mike. Mike said, “Hi Jake, that’s a cool new dog you have! What is his name?” and Jake said, “His name is Spike, and it will go through your butt if you don’t shut up!”

Then Jake went on and met his friend Jason. Jason said, “Hi Jake, that’s a cool new dog you have! What is his name?” and Jake said, “His name is Spike, and it will go through your wiener if you don’t shut up!”

Then Jake went on and met his friend Kevin. Kevin said, “Do you know that Nick and Mike and Jason have teamed up to beat you up?” Jake said, “What did I do to them? All I did was say that a spike would go through their head and their butt and their wiener if they didn’t shut up. Now what do I do? Do you want to team up with me to beat them?” Kevin said, “No, two people against three is not a good deal. Let’s run to my house and hide out”. And so they did.

But as soon as they got into the house, the doorbell rang and Kevin’s Mom went to see who it was. She said, “Oh Kevin, there are three boys that came to see you”. Kevin said, “No Mom, don’t open the door!” But his Mom said, “How very rude, these are your friends and they want to play” and she let them in. Jake very quickly ran to the door and pushed them all out and shut the door and locked it. But then Kevin’s Dad saw it and said, “How impolite! You should let your guests in” and he let them in again. They grabbed Jake and went upstairs and there was a sound of beating and of something falling. Then the three boys left and Jake came downstairs all beaten up.

All of a sudden Jake said, “Oh no! Where is my dog Spike? I’ll go look upstairs”. But when he got there, he said, “What happened to my dog Spike? And what are all these markers doing on the floor? Oh no! They have painted Spike with markers and they painted an “L” on his forehead! What am I going to do? And why did I tell them that my dog’s name was Spike anyway? His name is really Fat Mama!”

The Goldie has spoken at 8:48 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v