Monday, November 28, 2005

Wiener Dog?

I have been going through the kids’ school papers during the holiday break, and came across I12’s algebra assignment that went something like this:

“Fred has a dog, chained to the end of a 30-ft. chain in the middle of his lawn. The dog has destroyed all the grass he could reach, and Fred is looking to replant the grass. If one bag of seeds is good for 200 square feet, how many bags does Fred need?”

My genius son wrote, “Depends.”

I was puzzled. What does this mean? Buy Depends for the dog, so he doesn’t destroy any more grass? Finally, I called I12 over and asked him what he meant by that.

He said: “The question was incomplete. They did not specify the length of the dog.”

The Goldie has spoken at 9:14 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v