Thursday, January 27, 2005

More Traveling Through Blogland: The Funnies

Just because I haven’t been posting these past few weeks, doesn’t mean I haven’t been lurking around. Here are the officially funny blogs that I’ve found so far. I have no serious search strategy – just poking around, clicking on the links, going through people’s blogrolls – so, if you have a blog you’d like to show me, just drop me a link and I will check it out. Remember, I’m still what my children call “a noob” and I have a lot to see and learn!

I’m in the process of putting a blogroll together – so feel free to help out!

That said, here goes.

“Does this mean I’m a grown-up” – you’ve probably seen it by now, if you haven’t, then you should! It is run by Cattiva, a woman that I envy for her writing style. As it turns out, her kids are 13 and 10, which is a year and a half ahead of I11 and a year ahead of K9, respectively. So, anytime I need a glimpse of my near future, I log on to her site. I’ve learned a lot about what awaits me, but I won’t share it with you, as it is highly depressing, although somehow, at the same time, hilarious. Word of warning – do not, I repeat, do NOT read the “Twelve Days of Christmas - Teenager Style” post, as the song will be stuck in your head forever… aw, here it comes again!

Woulda Coulda Shoulda – everybody seems to be linking to it, so I guess I should too. Here’s a thought-provoking post on working out. I second this one!

I’ve tried to find more funny blogs for this post, but have unfortunately been affected by a severe case of Humorous Blog Overload. This is a serious disease, and you know you've got it when all humorous blogs suddenly begin to look alike to you, all of them vaguely resembling Dave Barry’s column (this includes my own blog, as well). I hope to treat it over the weekend with vast amounts of comfort foods and alcohol, and will continue my review as soon as I feel better. For now, I’m going to have to cut this post short, and I’m going to make up for it by posting a link that I got from, of all people, I11. This is some very sick humor and posting this will probably ruin my reputation forever, rendering me unable to write anything serious here for the rest of my blogging life (and here I’ve been contemplating a series of posts on theology). But since it’s really funny and very likely to make your day, I’ll post it anyway, because I will do anything to please my reader - I'm just this kind of person! Besides, it has an educational value – for those of us that wonder what their teenage kids do on the computer all day, here’s the answer.

Well, that’s it for now folks, please enjoy the carefully selected funnies and be careful to sit away from your keyboard or your monitor if you’re consuming your liquid of choice. And please remember to share those links! I need a blogroll, and I need it badly! Thanks in advance!



The Goldie has spoken at 1:31 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v