Thursday, January 27, 2005

Best of Sci-Fi in 2004, according to my online friends

There was an interesting thread last week on my favorite forum where the original poster asked, “What was the best sci-fi book you read last year?” People shared freely and I now have a reading list that will keep me busy for a year or two! Thought I’d share it with you.

For those of you that can read Russian, you can go ahead and read the thread. For the rest of you, here’s the list that I have compiled.

Lois McMaster Bujold (anything by this author, especially the Vorkosegan series)
Neal Stephenson, "Snow Crash"
Douglas R. Hofstadter, "Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid"
Margaret Atwood, “Oryx and Crake”
China Mievile, “Perdido Street Station”

Terry Pratchett, “Going Postal”
Dan Simmons, “Ilium”

The workload has been brutal this week, which is why I haven’t been able to blog. Hope to catch up during the weekend (or earlier – who knows?)

The Goldie has spoken at 9:17 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v