Thursday, October 02, 2008

Breaking News: Dead Guy Comes Back To Life, Blames His Mom

This just hit my inbox, and boy am I happy.

Paul Malden, of the Dead Guy comics fame, has started a new blog, called Blame My Mom. So far only one post is up. Like most of us, Paul (man, it feels odd calling him something other than Ignatius M. Dedd) rants about the election. I have to disagree with him, though, on this one:

"...that doesn't seem to be the case with a lot of Americans. They love candidates who seem average and normal; candidates that they feel look like them. But does being a Wal-Mart mom make a person a good candidate to hold the nuclear codes? It probably doesn't even make them a reliable authority on where to go shopping. How can we ask our leaders to show clearheaded, sober judgment when we vote for them based on which one we'd rather have a beer with?"

First of all, Paul, don't knock Wal-Mart. It's a great source of punishment for your teenage kids and a great way to teach them a valuable life lesson. The lesson, of course, being "never mess with the person who pays for your clothes".

Second of all. I, too, am guilty of choosing the candidate I can best relate to, for two elections in a row now. I just happen to be cool and highly intelligent and all around awesome. Heh heh, but seriously, I am also an immigrant and a person of mixed ethnicity. So are my children. Which means there is an unbridgeable gap between us and poor Sarah, bless her heart. She might as well have been from another planet.

On a really serious note, though, I agree. Think of election process as a job interview, you being the interviewer. Wouldn't you try to choose the better candidate for the job, rather than the one that resembles you the most or (a new one we've seen this season) the one you'd like to fuck?!

Anyway. I'm looking forward to reading Paul's blog. He is amazing. Don't take my word for it, check his archives over at Dead Guy. I would totally vote for him. Spread the word. http://www.blamemymom.com/

The Goldie has spoken at 10:37 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v