Monday, January 01, 2007

There's a Bustle In My Hedgerow

It's early evening and I'm in the kitchen, cooking for my ever-hungry family. ChinchillaBoy comes running down the stairs with a mysterious look on his face.

"Coincidence? Or hidden message?" - he inquires.

"Say wha?"

"In Stairway To Heaven, four minutes and twenty seconds into the song, they sing "if there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now". Get it? 420? They are referring to drugs, Mom!"

"Wait, there's a what in your what? Write that down for me, willya?"

ChinchillaBoy writes it down.

"Wow, my English is nearly not good enough to get this. What's a hedgerow?"

"A hedge. Meaning grass. Get it?"

I scratch my head. We have a hedge and it looks nothing like grass. Is there something wrong with our hedge?

"Okay, what's a bustle?"

"It's a hole, like when someone's busting through?"

"So there's a hole in my hedge from someone busting through. So why should I be alarmed now? How's that a reference to drugs?"

"Oh, Mom." ChinchillaBoy rolls his eyes at my outdatedness. "It just is."

So I went on teh Intraweb and looked it up.

Turns out, "A bustle in your hedgerow" refers to menstruation, and when taken in conjunction with the reference to "the May Queen" signifies a woman's coming of age.

Wait till ChinchillaBoy sees this.

Heh heh.

Happy New Year, by the by! Check out my new design - it's a New Year's present from a good friend of mine! The link to her site is on the sidebar - there have been technical difficulties, but it should be back up & running by the time you read this post.

The Goldie has spoken at 11:01 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v