Friday, July 14, 2006

Leads And Feeds

I locked myself out of my Russian forum a week ago - intentionally. This was so I can get more things done. So far, it's working (I mean, is this my fourth post this week or what?) Yesterday, I did something I'd been meaning to do since a long time ago and got all of my blogroll into Bloglines. It is so awesome! It's like the Friends page in LiveJournal and it is a real timesaver. I'm loving it, go get it and see for yourselves!

Another thing about my blogroll is, it has grown a lot longer lately, because I keep finding these unbelievably good sites through Blog Laughs. Mostly it's the big-name ones that I had somehow overlooked in the 18 months I've been blogging. I am absolutely in love with Waiter Rant - the man is pure genius. He takes ordinary days from his work and turns them into amazingly well written, bittersweet stories that keep you coming back for more. That, in fact, was more or less what I intended to do here, except that I cannot blog about work, so my plan was to write about my life, kids, pets, neighbors, not necessarily in that order. I see that I still have a lot to learn.

I have also added Anonymous Coworker and Blogography. I'll let you know if I find more good ones, or just check for them over at Blog Laughs. There was one more blog that I didn't add as I'm not really comfy with it - I am especially uncomfy about pulling it up at work by accident and having someone see it! However, this is a perfect post if I ever saw one:

If I were a vagina I would never talk to my dirty neighbor to the south whose puckered mouth smells of sin and debauchery and the clenched visage of retention.

Always he's coming over with a cup to borrow sugar and flour to make brownie cakes and to use my toilet and always to clog it, always he sneaks out with my toilet rim full with poop and a few papers.


Read the rest of it here.

Now that I have all this free time, I wonder what else I can do to my blog to bring it closer to those amazing literary geniuses. I have already discovered that I can make cool drawings in MS Paint - what else? I'm thinking about paying ChinchillaBoy to do one guest post a week. Am I crazy or do you think it just might work?

It's Friday... have a great weekend!

The Goldie has spoken at 4:11 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v