Sunday, October 19, 2008

Velcro Dog

UPDATE: I was told today that the proper term for this canine behavior is "Velcro Dog", so I'm changing the title. This is soooo cute! "Velcro dog". Heh heh heh.

I'm baaack!

And I'm pooped.

And I am here to tell you that camping with a dog is not necessarily a bad idea, it just has its downsides.

On the plus side, Sparky was a huge success with both kids and adults. He was very well-behaved. He stayed healthy and he didn't roll in shit. He didn't try to run away and did not try any of the other bad doggy behaviors that I had been afraid he'd attempt. Heck, he didn't even bark. He let the kids play with him all they wanted. So those are the pros.

The cons, well there's really only one. Silly mutt refused to let me out of his sight for a second. He refused to go anywhere with anyone but me. When I went to the bathroom, he cried. I had to carry a leash in my hand everywhere I went. This gets old very quickly. I kept having flashbacks to the times when my kids were toddlers.

Granted, it looked kind of cute, little doggy attached to his mommy. But man, I am tired.

Doggy is conked out, too. I'd snap his picture but it would require walking to get the camera, and I'm just not up to it.

As I was unpacking, someone called us on behalf of Obama. WTF? Is it finally starting? I was hoping it'd blow over, no calls, no visits. I said "Thxbye" and hung up.

Coming up next weekend, CB's birthday sleepover. Can you imagine six teen boys in the house overnight? That just may make me yearn for the peaceful days of camping with my dog.

The Goldie has spoken at 7:59 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v