Monday, April 09, 2007

Name This Animal



Most of you have seen this picture, apparently a 2003 or 2004 winner of a photo contest in the "Not My Job" category. But can you tell who's on it? What kind of animal is the unfortunate roadkill shown here covered in yellow paint? I have to confess, I always thought it was a raccoon, which is obviously incorrect - just look at his tail. Today, I was told by two different people that it is a possum or an armadillo. But which one? I decided to conduct an experiment.

Go to Google Image Search,
In one of the text boxes ("exact phrase", for instance), type "Not my job",
In any of the other text boxes, type the name of the animal you're checking for.
Hit "Search" and see if the picture comes up.

So far, I got this picture when searching for:
raccoon
possum
armadillo
dog
cat
rat
bat
squirrel
gorilla
elephant
goose
snake
whale
cyclist (!!! WTF?)
my boss (wha?)

I did NOT get this picture when I was searching for:
chinchilla
grandma

At which point I ran out of animals and people I know, and had to end my test. So, whatever that thing is, it is definitely not a chinchilla or a grandma. I still have no idea as to its identity.

The Goldie has spoken at 12:38 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v