Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Oh SNAP! Fox is canceling Malcolm in the Middle!!

Just found out while I was poking around on IMDB.com. The discussion is here, but you have to register in order to see it.

Now, how fair is that?! As soon as ChinchillaBoy and I find a decent show to watch, it goes bye-bye and we’re back to square one. That’s on the one hand.

On the other hand, the show had it coming. It started out six years ago as a show about kids. Now, the “kid” actors are in their twenties. Yes, technically, you can drag it out to the point where Malcolm battles midlife crisis, Hal checks into a nursing home, Reese is promoted to CEO of a large corporation, etc. etc. Question is, would it be funny?

All good things must come to an end, I guess.

I’m going to go home and break the news to ChinchillaBoy now. He’s so cuddly when he’s upset.

Oh well, we still have The War At Home.

PS. I looked it up in the news and it is indeed being canceled along with That 70s Show, but this last one is even more of a no-brainer. I mean, come on - ninety percent of the original cast has left the show. This reminds me of one day in my previous job when I looked around and all of a sudden I couldn’t find anybody that was already working there on the day I started. Everyone was gone. That’s when you know it’s time to make like a tree… er, kill a tree and print out an updated version of your resume. That show has been on its way out for a long time.

The Goldie has spoken at 5:30 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v