Thursday, November 10, 2005

Great Parenting Advice!

I won't lie to you... I'm slow. It usually takes me a while to process what's going on around me and detect a pattern.

For this reason, I have been completely oblivious to the fact that, for the last few months, I've had the most effective parenting tool in my hands. I am so dense, I haven't even been using the darn thing.

It's all about to change.

You know how you can never motivate your preteen and teen kids to do anything? They always go:

"Aaah, I don't wanna."
"I'll do it later."
"Do I have to do it? Mom, please, do I have to? Please?" (accompanied by puppy-dog eyes.)
"I will do it at midnight, promise." (Yeah, like I'm going to stay up and check.)
"I'd like to do it, but I'm too lazy."
"I just don't have the motivation."

All this time I've been caving in, thinking that they cannot be motivated, and the motivation was right there in front of me. Every once in a while, my kids would say, and I quote:

"Mom, please, don't put this on your blog."
"You're not going to put this on your blog, Mom, are you?"

Bwahahaha! Dang right I am! I'll put it on my blog and I will get people to link to it and I'll get tons of hits, if you don't do what I say, right now!

If this won't motivate them, then I just don't know what will. But, if it doesn't work, I am fully prepared to take it a step farther.

I'll bring out the baby pictures.

The Goldie has spoken at 12:09 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v