Monday, September 19, 2005

Friendly Faces Everywhere

Hi, everybody, and a Happy Monday to you! How was your weekend? Mine was just great! Mr. Goldie and I went to a bowling tournament along with a bunch of friends from this group. They do it every year, but it’s only the second time that Mr. Goldie and I have been able to go… it’s a large group of people and space is limited! My heartfelt gratitude goes out to Mr. Crush and another guy that I do not know, who both decided to bow out at the last minute, thus making it possible to Mr. Goldie and myself to attend. It was nice to reconnect with the group and have fun. This time, a couple of the guys brought their laptops along, as the hotel had free Internet. Here’s what one of our friends has shared with the group. If you liked the Quiznos commercials… you’re gonna love this. We stayed up till four in the morning, the guys drank beer till they ran out, and a lot of fun was had by all. Oh, and I think we went bowling at some point, if my memory serves me right.

It was a road trip, Mr. Goldie, like the fine gentleman he is, did all the driving, while I was catching up on my much-needed sleep.

Hard to remember what happened before the trip, but I think I was at a couple of parent orientation meetings. At K9’s, the teacher made a video about her class and showed it to the parents. All kids got lines, and were supposed to say them into the camera. The movie was supposed to be filmed on Monday. So, on Wednesday night, we’re all sitting there, watching the video, when it shows one of the kids for the second time, saying still more lines. Only, the first time around, the kid was wearing a nice shirt, whereas this time, he’s proudly sporting a Family Guy T-shirt, with a picture of Brian saying, “STOP LOOKING AT MY TAIL”.

Slowly, one by one, all thirty parents start cracking up… except for me. I was just sitting there, wishing I could slip though the cracks in the floor and disappear. Yes, you guessed it, that was my kid, and I bought the T-shirt for him myself! As it turned out, K9 had done so well on his original part, that the teacher decided to give him more lines and shoot some additional footage… two days later. What can I say? Way to start my relationship with the new teacher. I apologized, of course. About a million times, as far as I can recall.

Mr. Goldie got me a digital camera on eBay, so be prepared to see some pictures soon… I just need to learn to use it first.

I'm signing off now, because I'm tired and hungover. I'll be back after my normal functions are all restored.

The Goldie has spoken at 1:38 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v