Thursday, March 03, 2005

Random Blog Surfing

I’ve been thinking for a while about doing that. Just get out there, hit a random blog, and see what I can find. As it is, I have a few spare minutes right now so I gave it a try.

I decided I’d find five blogs and/or posts worth linking to, and then stop (for now). I’d go to Blogwise and hit three at random; then go to TTLB, find mine, and hit one above mine and one below.

So here goes.

1. Living the Illusion of Truth and Meaning – am I lucky or what? My first hit, and it turns out to be good, quality stuff. I’m bookmarking this one.

2. CollegeBlows.com - if any of my sons ever make a site like this one, I swear I’ll have a heart attack, then kill them, then tell them to refund me for all the tuition fees I’d paid. This stuff is funny! Hey, the man actually links to Maddox! Just like I12!

3. This one is actually a funny post on a joke site – “Goofy answering machine messages”:


"Hello. I am David's answering machine. What are you?"
"Hi. I am probably home and just avoiding someone I don't want to talk to. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you."


4. QueerJoe’s Knitting Blog – I can’t believe I can just randomly click around and end up on good sites like this one! I must have the magic touch. Check out his “Disgusting Hotel Sheet Story”.


We were talking over all the good times, when Mary Lynn started talking about the time where Don decided he wanted to know how often the hotel changed the sheets on his bed, so he put a black magic marker dot on one of them.

Diane started groaning with disgust, so Mary Lynn responded that she had never heard what the result was, so she didn't know how frequent the sheet changes were, at which point Diane told us that she had noticed when she checked in to the hotel, that one of her sheets on this hotel stay had a black magic marker dot on it.


I used to knit, too, back in my Russian days.

5. No #5. I gave up. I poked around the list and a lot of stuff came up that was either extreme leftwing, or extreme rightwing, or the background was of such radical color it hurt my eyes, or all of the above. Guess my luck finally ran out.

And in addition to all that good stuff, you’ll never guess what I found on the Blogwise sidebar:

“Purpose Driven Life – huge savings on case qty.”

Yes, I clicked on the link. I just had to – the wording captivated me. Nope, I didn’t buy a case of Purpose Driven Lives, although the temptation was strong!

The Goldie has spoken at 4:05 PM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v