Sunday, February 27, 2005

Happy Birthday, I12!

Warning: This post contains some strong language and may not be suitable for children. Parental guidance is advised.

I have the stomac
flu and it’s
contgious.


What it’s like to have the damn flu:
Temp is about 100 degrees ferranhight.
Your head, neck, and throught hurt like hell.
You can’t think.
When you wake up, your mouth feels like SHIT.
Eat the wrong thing and you puke.
You’re always weak. You move as fast as a 70 year old.
You can threaten people with it.

My son taped this note to the door of his room yesterday. On his 12th birthday.

Talk about bad luck.

We were going to have a party. I invited six families, three said that they would come. They all have boys my sons’ age and we spend a lot of weekends and vacations together. One said that they wouldn’t be able to come, but would drop their son off. All in all, it was going to be a good party. I spent all week getting ready, cleaning house, buying the food. Friday night, I was supposed to start cooking. As soon as I walked in the door and took one look at I12, I realized that not everything was going according to my plans. He had a 103 fever, and threw up all over our living room carpet just as we were done vacuuming it. I spent an hour cleaning the carpet and another hour on the phone canceling the kids’ visits. (The parents still came and we had a great time. K9 was over at his friend’s for the entire day).

In the meantime, I12 went on the Internet to do some research. He came back with the results twenty minutes later.

- Mom, I’ve got the flu.
- Gee, how’d you find out?
- I read about it on the Internet.

I12 is feeling better now, and happy about all the cash he got for his birthday. Initially, I was going to write a post about what a great guy I12 is, how smart and funny, and about the twelve entertaining years we’ve spent together. But when I saw his note, I decided that posting it would be way funnier. So there you have it.

The Goldie has spoken at 11:58 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v