Thursday, July 14, 2005

Obnoxious Ethnic Dude: Is This Position Open?

I have a question to Comedy Central fans (such as myself).

What do you think of this new show, Mind of Mencia? I like it. I think he’s funny.

That said, does it strike anyone else as odd that Mind of Mencia shows at the exact same time when Chappelle’s Show used to run?

And they sound kind of the same?

I can only imagine that conversation at the Comedy Central HQ.

Emergency meeting.

“Gentlemen, we have a problem. As you may know, Mr. Chappelle has voluntarily terminated his employment with our company and relocated to South Africa. This means we need to fill our Obnoxious Ethnic Dude slot, and fill it ASAP. Our stakeholders are counting on it. Any suggestions?”

“Sure, sir, we’ll just use our backup OED. What was his name, Carmen something?”

“Good, call him and let him know he’s starting as our OED effective immediately. This meeting is over, thanks for your time, everyone.”


I’m not sure if that’s how it went, but this is certainly what it looks like.

I say, if Carlos bails, Comedy Central should hire my son, K9. He’s been dying to do an OED act for years. He actually practices. He walks around the house going,

“So, I grew up in this Russian family…”

Give him a chance. He’ll be a huge success. I can be his agent.

We sure will appreciate the extra cash.

Thank you in advance, Comedy Central, for your prompt attention to this.

Regards,
Goldie

The Goldie has spoken at 11:27 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v