Monday, March 14, 2005

I’ve Been Bad

Last night, I got a page from work, and had to call the user back right away. This can be difficult when your brain is still sleeping, but I’ve been doing it for five years now and I’m used to it. Or so I thought.

As I found out later, instead of the user’s number, I dialed (xxx) xxx-0314. Yep, that’s right… today’s date. Don’t ask me why. My mind works in mysterious ways when you wake me up at 1:30 in the morning.

So I dial this number, and a woman answers the phone. That took me by surprise, because I was calling a guy. Keep in mind I have just been rudely awakened by my pager, and cannot think straight.

Woman: Yes?
Me: (deep in thought. Why does Doug talk like a woman?
Well, I haven’t talked to him in a long time, maybe it really is Doug. A lot of guys have high-pitched voices, it’s no big deal).
- Hello, I am returning a support call, is this Doug?
Woman: (starts yelling) You have misdialed. It’s 1:30 in the morning (continues yelling)
(I get scared and hang up on the woman)

(I check what I just dialed. Dang. “0314”?)

In retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have called her “Doug”…

The Goldie has spoken at 10:18 AM


Technorati search

Powered by FeedBurner

Graphic Design by alla_v